Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week In The Life: day 3

Jude fell asleep while we were on our date last night. I had a feeling he'd end up in our bed around 3am. He made it til 4 and had to pee. 

Sean didn't fall asleep until after 1 and wakes up at 4:45. That meant we were banished from the bed. Titus had a sleepover with the big boys, so his bed was free. Do you know what's not comfortable? Sleeping in a twin bed with a pillow pet for your neck support, accompanied by a kicky two year old

Normally T's bed is all Pottery Barn-esque(ok, maybe Target bed display-esque...at best. But still, put together with matching linens. In my defense, we've spent a lot of time out of town lately.)
 Jude decided to start the morning off with a wrestling match. 


I firmly committed us to our school plan. I'm trying not to freak out about the sure-to-come adjustment pains. Geez, the whole system isn't even all that Mac compatible. :/ As far as I can tell. 
 After I settled the bills, I worked on pictures for a bit. 
 Then headed down to the kitchen for breakfast and morning tasks. 
As I'm just getting started launching into the kids about the overflowing trash can, a glass bottle shatters all over the floor, I suck up a sock into the vacuum while trying to clean it up, Jude takes a massive dump in his britches, everybody is walking through the glass BAREFOOT, and the phone rings. Of course the phone rings. Assuming it had to do with the school payment I'd just made, I answered. 

Turns out, it was a super bubbly government employee telling me her records indicate I'm past due for something. I gave a less than hearty, "Ok..." 

bubblebubblebubble, "So would you like to schedule that right now?" 

I didn't say, "Are you kidding me?" but my response certainly implied it. I wound up giving some noncommittal, get-me-off-the-phone-now answer and ended up feeling like a heel. I'm sure she hung up with a deflated bubble and called me a name. 



 He only wants to pee standing up. It's not awesome. 





 I made cookies on Monday. 42 cookies. Eating cookies is their favorite pastime. 
 Can you blame 'em? My chocolate chip cookies are pretty close to perfect. 
 All he said was, "What?" He cracks me up. 



 I decided to hop on the scale before my shower. I haven't been riding my bike this week as my broken toe was the perfect excuse for a while. The validity of that excuse has expired. 
 Onto my bike. The neighbor kids came down while I was pumping up my tires. This is the only shot I got, but I kinda like it. I raced the neighbor kids up the hill and told them they couldn't join me on my ride. "I have to go fast so I don't get fat, okay?" 
 People who exercise regularly, is it normal to feel like you're going to vomit and/or possibly die after exercising? I really need to go when it's not 90+ degrees outside. 
 Freshly showered, I reached for my new make-ups. Holy cow, what a difference. Somehow I forgot that makeup makes you seem...made up. 

 The squeedunk needed a nap and I happened to have a return to make at Target. 




 And a stop at the grocery store with kid sized carts. 


 Dinner...

 Momentary distraction as I caught the eagle close to the house. He's been swooping regularly since Monday. I don't know what he's after, but he's not giving up. 







The little turd was stealing food out of my bowl while we were praying! 
 I so love that Simon caught these. 
 After working a solid 13 hours today, he had to come home and do paperwork. Something tells me he's about to lose it on somebody. It's been a long time coming. The Mr. doesn't do well with being taken advantage of.
Laundry. Always.

 Bedtime!


 This lovely image only lasted a few minutes. Jude wouldn't stop pinching, so off he went to his beddy by. Which is where I'm headed!!
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

mommabear said...

Love! Again, I feel like we just had a play date and you told me all about your day. We like the Aidell sausage, too. ;)