Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Ten on Tuesday/Wednesday-Puppy edition.

-Puppies. I just can't even stand how cute they are.
-Ruby hasn't had one single accident in the house since we got her! Not even during the long ride home.

-They whine a bit when they need to go out. They put themselves away when they're tired of playing. I don't even latch the kennel until the end of the day.

-Gus craps like eighteen times a day. He's peed on one of my favorite rugs twice. Once was Sean's fault; once was Simon's. The menfolk don't do the grab and dash at the first sign of stirring. They think puppy bladders will hold if play is engaged. No.

-My friend, Corey, told me puppy siblings fight like human siblings. True. My little Ruby is a terrible instigator. She knows just which buttons to push to get Gus riled up. It's suuuuuper annoying, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I guess having four boys has prepared me for the constant refereeing.

-I was starting to take on puppy duty and then I remembered that my two eldest beloved children were infants once upon a time. Puppy duty is the ultimate payback. And here I thought I'd have to wait until they had children of their own. Guess who now gets up at midnight and 5 a.m. to take puppies out?! NOT ME!! I'm still up at 5 a.m., but it's to feed the man, not the puppies.

-I could pull puppy duty at the same time, since I'm already up. However, the puppies refuse to stay out alone. I can't get Sean out the door on time and wrestle pups. They pee on the threshold and chew on weather stripping to get their point across. Their point being...they need an audience at all times.

-Ruby's cute, but she's aggravating. Gus is the chill, quiet, non-chewer. He also prefers to be held and cuddles on a frequent basis. Ruby wiggles like one of those gel tubes at the check out that are impossible to hold and nips ear lobes when not cuddling. She also finds loose strands of fabric on EVERYTHING and tugs. It's awesome.

-I'm looking forward to them not being puppies. On day one, I was all, "Stay puppies forever!" I'm over that. :)

-We are going to the library today to get a book on training puppies. Eight weeks is old enough for them to learn obedience, right? In a day? I'm hoping. Sit. Stay. Shake. Pee outside. Stop chewing on my shtuff. Cuddle. There's books that can teach that, surely. ;)

3 comments:

mommabear said...

Cute, cute puppies! Should you figure out how to train them in one day, I will pay a plane ticket here for you to come train ours. ;) Glad you guys are having fun with them!

Niki Hill said...

Ruby and her other brother must have stronger Chihuahua genes. He is a wiggle worm when he doesn't want to be held but refuses to be ignored when he decides to be held.

Niki Hill said...

Ruby and her other brother must have stronger Chihuahua genes. He is a wiggle worm when he doesn't want to be held but refuses to be ignored when he decides to be held.