Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday 10

Simon has had a bit of a nail biting issue since he was a little guy. The other day I said, "If you stop biting your nails enough to get some actual white on them, I'll pay you a dollar a finger. That's ten potential dollars."

Without missing a beat, Felix pipes up from the back seat of the car, "I like to chew on my fingers, too!" Felix is the one I'm usually pestering to cut his nails. Funny guy.

_____

Simon was standing in the doorway of the powder room as I was applying make up, "You should get some of that face cream they sell on tv. You look like you're a hundred and after you put it on you look ten." My slow blinks conveyed my message clearly. I assume by "you" he meant a general "you," not actually me.

_____


"I just spit outta my nose! Wash it!" Interesting way to describe a sneeze. Also, thank you, church nursery.

_____

For the last few days he's been asking if we're going to drive through the tunnel. We rarely drive through the tunnel. This afternoon he asked, "Are we driving over the bridge? Yay! Go get Daddy!" It occurred to me that we take the tunnel to get to the airport. He's freaking brilliant. When I explained that Daddy was still "at work far away," he said, "Awwwwww. Stupid crap!" I'm not proud to say he got that 100% from me, but I can't argue with the kid. This TDY is stupid crap. But at least it's not a deployment! :D

_____

As he chatted away on our ride to the grocery store, I said, "Jude, you're funny." He somewhat angrily rebutted, "No, I am not!" Then added with charm and little giggle, "I'm cute." I said, "You can be both! Mommy is." :D

_____

"Leaves are falling! Look at all the 'leafs!' Dey are cute!" Obviously, he's on a "cute" kick. He says it more like, "t-yoot."

_____

"Ooooh, fireworks!"-Jude

 It was lightning. 

_____

Titus, while trying to get candy or a trinket out of me, "How much money do we have?" I was all set to answer, "None. We're broke," when I was thoroughly convicted by Felix's honest interpretation of our financial situation. "We are considerably wealthy," he said. I suppose we are, young man.
_____

He doesn't even say anything in this one, but it's enough to make me smile/sob. Where did my beebee go?!?!?

_____

"Get up here, Maggots, if you want to hear a story!" Felix, to his brothers. That's true love, right there. 

No comments: