Tuesday, October 13, 2015

One year later.

October 2014
 October 2015

I drank coffee at 8:00. Being wide awake in the quiet sometimes leads to a bit of thinking. I got to thinking about Fall, which leads to thoughts of Ohio. I decided to let my heart go there. I gotta admit, I miss the place. I love Virginia. I love my house. I love two very important relationships we're building here. I know why we're here and it has nothing to do with the military. I see how God is using us in this place.

But I miss Ohio.

I miss the people. I miss the weather. I miss our house. I heard a siren the other day and was immediately filled with nostalgia. I miss our church. I miss my friends. My boys miss their girls. I miss having a friend that would drop everything to go on an adventure with all fifty million of our kids. I miss the parks. I miss the boys that were in that top picture because they are surely different people now.

My tough boys. They adjust so much better than I do.

Listening to Spotify while digging through old pictures was not the greatest idea. The song from my Tito Burritos birth video popped up. My melancholy mood is now full on, "Why did my babies have to grow up so fast?!"

*sigh* I think I'll go clean instead. Missing my friends and missing my husband and missing my babies and wishing I had friends...this is not how I wanted to spend my evening.

Ha! And now on Spotify,
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

I gotta get some peppier music. Dang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such handsome boys!

HMS