Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful

*That we had our Thanksgiving this past weekend with people we love.
*That we have a real relationship with two of those people for the first time in many, many years.
*That I have a friend willing to travel to spend time with us.
*That God already knows our future.

*For this home.
*For this place.
*For this time in our lives.
*For the things He has given us and the things He hasn't.

*That God gave us a fifth little baby.
*That she brought a few weeks of joy into our lives.
*That we got to see the realities of what having another baby would look like.
*That we have decided four is enough.
*That I know what that pain is so I can use it to help others.
*That I have a shoulder to cry on when I need it.

*For the time we got to spend with Sean's father.
*For his death bed salvation.
*For the memories shared.
*For a knowledge of who Gerry is.

*That my parents are moving here.
*That my sister and brother in law are going on an adventure of a lifetime.
*That my brother in law is finally receiving the recognition he deserves for a job well done.
*That Nikki has married the love of her life.
*That my mother in law inspires me daily.
*That a trip to Tennessee is coming soon.

*For Sean's first year of his new career being behind us.
*For his success.
*For our success.
*For the challenge of a new method of schooling the boys.

*That my marriage is strong.
*That I don't have to suffer through divorce.
*That my kids don't have to choose.
*That we are all healthy.

*For friends all over this big, fat world.
*For memories.
*For the experience of this military life.
*For a break in deployments, knowing we won't be so lucky next year.

There is so much more that I am thankful for. As I looked out over our backyard last night, with the moon reflecting off the water, I thought, "Look at what we have!" It's not what we have, it's what we've been given. I thank God for all the many blessings He has bestowed on this family. To whom I am thankful matters so much more than what I am thankful for. 
*photo by Beth. Thank you, Friend. :) 

1 comment:

mommabear said...

Love this!