Saturday, June 25, 2016

Old Glory

These fellas put on a performance they'd never done before.  That's Simon in the front, Jim is in there, Sean and Isaac, too. The other two kids are from the Florence CAP squadron, I believe. The part where my dad walks in to take the flag...yeah, we were all bawling. He carried that flag around like a newborn baby for the rest of the ceremony. 

It couldn't have gone more perfectly!! If you don't choke up, you're un-American.
Thanks for the video, Aunt Marti!!


Also, if you don't know what Civil Air Patrol is, I encourage you to look into it. If you have a 12-18 year old, DEFINITELY look into it. If you're not in that age range, you can still sign up to be a senior member and see lots of cool things. I have not taken that plunge yet myself, but I'm sure it's coming. Take a minute to research CAP. My dad has devoted his entire life to the Civil Air Patrol, it's worth a google. He joined as a cadet at 13 years old and has been a part of CAP ever since. Kinda crazy. Anyway, enjoy the video! It's sure to make your eyes spring a leak.

No comments: