Monday, August 15, 2016

T, 2nd grade

This one started second grade today. My pictures aren't all that creative. Our front door area is usually cluttered with toys and dogs and the hose is unwound and draped over the porch rail and there is a dragon fly burial mound happening on the welcome mat. Added to that, my kids don't go away, so slinging a book bag over their shoulder and posing them walking out the front door didn't make any sense. Added to THAT, it's four thousand degrees outside and my energy and creativity levels are neck and neck at non-existent. 

When looking for props, I selected a pencil and a chair. Even Titus was like, "Why do you have a pencil?" 

Who needs creativity when you have a kid so absolutely gorgeous as this one? I told Sean a few weeks ago, "Our Tito Burrito really is a beautiful child. He doesn't look like any of us. He doesn't look like me, he doesn't look like you..." Sean stopped me abruptly, "He better look like me or, you and me, we're gonna have a problem, m'kay?" 







There ya have it. Titus is in Second Grade, he has no idea what he wants to be when he grows up, his mother doesn't know how to take back to school pictures, and none of it really matters because he's obviously too cool for school anyway.

I'm kidding, it does matter. This morning as he read through his assignments and completed so much of them solo, I had many moments of, "I did that." Teaching a kid to read and write has got to be the most rewarding thing a person can do. I mean, there are other things as rewarding, sure, but...that's way up there at the tippity top of the list. 

No comments: