2. I have officially stopped counting in weeks.
3. I had a terrible wave of homesickness yesterday. I was sipping coffee at Starbucks, people watching. I started thinking about my sister and how badly I wish she was here with me. That homesickness hits at funny times. It's manageable. There's not much you can do about it, but dang. If a girl is given a sister, that sister should always be handy. Within the same time zone, at the very least.
4. Considering we've only been here two months, I'm pretty freakin' proud of us. All of us. I'm kinda most proud of myself because I am so very, very uncomfortable sticking out. I stick out if I'm alone. I really stick out if I have my kids. But I'm doing it anyways. I'm getting lost and figuring things out and driving like a boss on the wrong side of the road. It was when I said, "Come on, people!" and had a minute of huffing at the locals in traffic that I realized I'm pretty comfortable driving. I'm making sure we experience the heck out of this place.
5. A friend had me over for coffee yesterday. Another friend called while I was there. I thought it was kinda awesome when she said, "Chrissy came for coffee," and she didn't have to explain who I was. Not the new girl. Not the redhead. Not the one with all the boys. Just Chrissy.
6. I went to a shrine sale with another friend today. It was an experience. It was so nice to have the drive to chat about life and kids and moving. I hate that PCS season is upon us just when I've started to make some really great friends. Bittersweet, for sure.
7. Tonight, one of my man cubs discovered another of my man cubs had placed a shorn toenail on his pillow. I couldn't even pretend I was mad. I was dy-ing. WHO DOES THAT?! Brothers do that. Disgusting, disgusting(hilarious) human beings.
8. I love looking through timelines and seeing how much they've changed. This was one year ago.
10. We're ready for visitors now. Don't put it off. Take advantage of free lodging and come on already.