It may be a bit early to make assumptions, but she seems to favor her left hand over her right. Sean is a lefty and none of the boys are; I think it would be a fun trait to add to her dimples and red hair.
No, she's not sleeping through the night and while compact, she does manage to take up 3/4 of a King size bed. She has just started sitting up on her own. She tries to feed herself with the spoon, which is awesome(ly messy).
Her poor sleep habits aren't entirely my fault. Her best nap time is usually around 4:30 pm. The anthem plays over the loud speaker every day at 5. Throw in the fact that helicopters, the sound of a basketball being dribbled(there's a basketball court right under her window), the front door latching, and dogs barking wake her up and it's a recipe for no sleep.*
*unless she's being held. Then, none of those sounds wake her up.
Essential oils being diffused, sound machines, swaddling, not swaddling, being warm, being cool, being on her back, stomach, or side do not work to keep her asleep. Every once in a while, it's sheer luck that keeps her in her own bed for any length of time.
She has one strand of hair that sticks up way farther than the rest. We are all very careful with that one piece and it's hanging on for dear life. It blows in the wind and cracks us all up more than it should. What can I say? We're very easy to amuse.
We go "kawaii" fishing every time we leave base. Nothing makes me smile like toting this little rockstar through a crowd of old Japanese women. While standing in line at the IKEA cafeteria during the lunch rush recently, an entire row beside us flipped completely around, one by one. It was like human dominoes, "Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii!"
I already see so much of a difference in her. I guess I didn't expect differences at so young an age, but she's gentler than the boys ever were. She hugs her stuffed animals already. Like...cuddles them and loves on them rather than throwing them or ignoring them. She doesn't head butt me like every single baby boy I've ever had did at this age. She doesn't pull my hair. She's not demanding. Whenever she hears singing that sounds even the littlest bit emotional, she gets a very concerned look on her face like she could break out sympathy crying at any moment.
She is amazing. Totally worth the wait and sometimes I think maybe she was the whole reason for coming to Japan.






No comments:
Post a Comment