Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bombs:

Untitled from Chrissy Amport on Vimeo.



Zerberts:

Untitled from Chrissy Amport on Vimeo.



It's a good think that top child is so cute. He wasn't quite the comedian at 3:30 this morning. It's just not destined that I sleep, ever. The baby slept slept for two nights. It's about dang time.

I was so cushie under my new quilt{on the couch, far away from the children, no less} that it took me a moment to come to at Simon's request. He was just standing there, tapping on my arm, "I can't sleep." And?

Instead of having him wake up the other two getting back into his bed{because the child does nothing quietly}, I let him stay on the couch with me. Just as I drifted back off, "What was that? Mommy? What was that?" It was the flippin' ice maker. At that point, I made him go back upstairs, threatening him along the way that if he woke up the other two, I was making him a pallet in the garage. "Not a word, Simon."

Again, I was just drifting back off and Simon starts screaming at the top of his lungs, "There's something in my bed!" Thinking this was the tarantula I've been anticipating since the scorpion, I decided to check. Heck, Felix was up by then. As I was atop Simon's bunk, stripping the blankets, he decides to clarify, "It was a hand! Creeping up the side!" huff

Felix went back to bed like a champ. Simon, not so much. He assures me that tonight will be different. We'll see.

Someday my sleep will come. For now, I'll just call Sean at work in the middle of the night to rant about his children and make sure to blog about it. I want evidence. I get parents of teenagers now. Just wait, boys. Mama's gonna be handing out Saturday morning chores amidst your visions of sugar plums. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Corey said...

hee hee! I can't stop laughing at the zerberts!