Monday, November 16, 2009

:)

I now have a quilt that I can be proud of. It's not perfect, but it's a bazillion times better than it was. I spent some time{a lot of time} stripping it back down to just the quilt top. I took off the binding and border, threw away the batting, vowing never to buy polyester again. I was much more patient this time and am so much happier with how it turned out.
The blocks are 8X4 inches. I started out wanting to do a bunch of 4X4 in squares, but it would've been cutting into the little scenes and I kinda liked the way the bigger rectangles came together. The new binding is so much prettier. Still not perfect, but it's better than it was. I'm glad I took the time to do it right.
I am now completely invested in this new hobby. My next project is already on the kitchen table. Remember how Sean tried his hand at bread making and broke my mixer? That resulted in a new fancy one. I'm trying to figure out a way I can get him to sew...I don't need a super fancy sewing machine, but mine sat in my parents garage for a bit{getting filthy} and I can't find the manual to figure out all the stitches and maintenance.
There's just one more hobby I want to attempt, crocheting.

7 comments:

Corey said...

oh my word! how cute is that??! I love it!!
How long did it take you? Because I keep telling myself I don't have the patience, but since i pulled my sewing machine out earlier this year, i've been wanting to try more stuff.
gosh, this is cute. I love that fabric!

Kimberly White said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Chrissy! I'm so so proud of you! Welcome to another addicting hobby!
Kim

nicole said...

chrissy that looks awesome!
and i LOVE that other fabric you have - was actually eyeing that up myself :)
and I also have to say that I love crocheting - what i want to learn next is knitting!!

Melissa said...

LOVE it!
I'll buy you fabric, you can sew me a quilt. BC I have NO time to figure out a new craft...

Cheryl Wray said...

WOW!! The quilt is beautiful!!!!

Brown English Muffin said...

Oh Chrissy it's beautiful!!!!

Jude said...

shall i send you my fabric now or what??? GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :)