Tuesday, November 17, 2009

it's happening

Titus has hit one of those stages where he learns to do a whole bunch of things all at once. The best one...sleeping all the way through the night. From 9-5 or 6 or 7. I'll take it. He's been consistent for a whole week. Simon and Felix, however, have taken over the "don't let the Ma sleep, even for a second" role. Nightmares are fun. Especially when you can share them with the whole family at 3 o'clock in the morning. Loudly.

I try to be patient. I remember having nightmares as a little kid.

I love his eye rubs. :) He's initiating peek-a-boo. I love it. He's also started giving kisses. You can hear them in the video I posted 2 posts back. He said "mama" in the car yesterday. He's said it before, but this time other people were around to hear it. He screams at his brothers if they take something from him. He screams when he wants more food.
He's going to crawl soon. :( It's so funny to watch him play. He'll be surrounded by toys and three minutes later have every single one of 'em pushed to just out of arms reach. He can get one leg bent around and up under him, but then he just falls flat on his face and wiggles to the closest toy. Soon. It's coming.
I love his little sleepy face.
And even his crying face.
Every single day, Simon says, "I just don't want Titus to grow up."
I reply, "It's happening..."

5 comments:

Corey said...

this is the stage that is so fun yet so scary all at the same time! It's going too fast. Beautiful black and white, BTW :)

Brown English Muffin said...

I love this stage the most...the pre crawling...that's the stage I wish they stayed at the longest.

Kimberly White said...

He is just so cute ... how come the baby stage goes so fast?
Kim

hippo chick said...

OMIGOSH! He is just too, too cute. Also, I love the quilt. You never cease to amaze me, crafty girl.

~hippo hugs~

Jude said...

i'm with Simon!!! ;)