Wednesday, October 24, 2007

it's tough

standing up for your beliefs.

I'm not really sure about posting emails and comments and such, but when I find out, I'll post my example. It's quite interesting.

Today was nice. Sean and I were up until 4:30 this morning. I was on a creating high and really wanted to finish my Creation mini-book. He had no choice, as the bed was up and my scrapbooking stuff was everywhere. I made him promise to wake up in a good mood this morning, despite the lack of sleep, b/c the boys went to bed really, really well last night and I just wanted today to be excellent from the get go.

It started off beautifully, not a cloud in the sky and actually pretty warm.

Simon went out to play with some friends and then we headed off to the pumpkin patch. I wanted to find a pumpkin to represent each of us. Sean didn't laugh when I said, "Ok, where are the slender pretty ones?" It's okay, I laughed enough for the both of us.

We put the kiddos on the pumpkin scale. Felix weighed in at a hefty 30 pounds and our heavyweight maintained a stout 40 pounds.

After the pumpkin patch, we headed for Chuck E Cheese. I know, we really are the best parents ever. It's funny how awesome you feel depositing those tickets in to the ticket counter. We were all, "Yeah! 240 tickets. We rock." Essentially, we paid $10 for two plastic noise makers and 22 tootsie rolls.

The boys were absolutely spent, but hungry. Opting for the lesser of two greasies, we appeased Simon and stopped for "breakfast food." I've become a master at finagling my way out of sitting next to Felix. Not that I don't love and adore him, he's just a needy little eater. Don't get me wrong, he feeds himself, it's just that he'll do things like sop the grease off of a piece of pizza with his bare hand and then touch you square on your back. Or eat scrambles eggs with his fingers and then run them through your hair. Besides all that, he is way better behaved when he's sitting next to Sean, almost like he has to be one of the guys or something. When he's sitting next to me, he's Mommy's boy and wants to sit on my lap, keep me from eating, make sure I can't have a conversation with anyone but him, etc. etc.

After a few minutes of sitting in the booth and Sean wrestling the fork from Felix at least three times, he said, "Do you see what he's doing?" There was a paper placemat on the table with a piece of pumpkin pie on it and a big ole dollop of whipped cream. My little piggy was only trying to eat the piece of pie. He was stabbing at that picture just as he would an actual piece of pie. If that doesn't make you smile, nothing will.

8 comments:

Jude said...

chuck e sneeze, you are a good mom, I hate that place!! LOL. MAn i think if i woke micah up at 430am to scrap he would be chucking my stuff out the window! :)

Melissa said...

check the blog we talked about...you didn't come up :)

And, if I stayed up that late scrapping with Andy he would throw my stuff out the very next morning. Kudos to Sean!!

Corey said...

Dude, Chuck e cheese AND the pumpkin patch?? You guys are like the cool-est!
And Sean, he is WAY up on my list of cool guys right now. He's so supportive of the scrap!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! too cute!!! total character!!! and what a fun sounding day!! glad you managed to boot hubby out of bed so y'all could go and do that!!! LOL!!!

kal said...

Very cool. Pumpkin pie is the good stuff. He's smart.

Anonymous said...

well my dear, i really do feel a lot older than you right now (not that i didn't know it already ;), but the thought of staying up until 4:30 am...couldn't do it. i think i would be dead in the morning. HA!
love the stories about Felix eating and then touching your back...sounds an awful lot like Luke!
thanks for the laugh today!

Kimberly White said...

I'm definitly smiling! Sounds like you guys had a great day! Woo hoo! Kim

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee. Duncan is pretty much a neat freak, but he does wear his chocolate chips on his face and fingers (talk about being good parents). Then, he might wipe his face on an unsuspecting shoulder (Hey! It's better on you and not him, right?). Also, I'm totally cracking up over the ticket thing at CECheese. That's so us!

Before I go, I wanted to say thanks for sharing your minis below. They are BEAUTIFUL!